During the 2015-2016 fiscal year, we were able to help an average of 299 senior citizens each month in the following ways:
- Provided a total of 12,756 hours of homemaking, personal care, nursing services
- Offered a sliding fee scale that allows seniors to pay for services based on their monthly income (we are the only in-home service that offers a sliding fee scale).
- 75% of the seniors we serve are surviving on less than $1000 per month and qualify for the sliding fee scale
- Provided peace of mind and safety for seniors at risk for elder abuse and financial exploitation through 4183 hours of representative payee and case management services
- Transported 80 senior citizens to 171 medical appointments
- Created opportunities for seniors who are social isolated to have a phone, visiting or lend a hand friend
- 609 community volunteers provided 2649 hours of service
There continues to be an average of 15+ senior citizens on our waiting list each month needing our help to stay in their homes. Your support is needed and much appreciated.
Nearly 1 in 5 people in Yellowstone County are over the age of 60
There continues to be a need for Big Sky Services to help seniors stay in their homes. Your support is needed and much appreciated.
There are a number of ways you can make a difference:
Tax deductible donation – mail a check or give online>>.
Charitable Endowment – contribute to our endowment account through Billings Community Foundation. Your donation may be eligible for the 40% Montana income tax credit. A Montana credit is available for 40% of the present value of any planned gift to a permanent endowment up to a maximum of $10,000 per tax payer (individual or business).