Big Sky Senior Services has experienced an increase in the need for our services to help senior citizens in our local community. More and more senior citizens are living on limited incomes and looking for alternative choices to help them stay in their homes.
During the 2015-2016 fiscal year, we were able to help an average of 299 senior citizens each month in the following ways:
- Provided a total of 12,756 hours of homemaking, personal care, nursing services
- Offered a sliding fee scale that allows seniors to pay for services based on their monthly income (we are the only in-home service that offers a sliding fee scale).
- 75% of the seniors we serve are surviving on less than $1000 per month and qualify for the sliding fee scale
- Provided peace of mind and safety for seniors at risk for elder abuse and financial exploitation through 4183 hours of representative payee and case management services
- Transported 80 senior citizens to 171 medical appointments
- Created opportunities for seniors who are social isolated to have a phone, visiting or lend a hand friend
- 609 community volunteers provided 2649 hours of service
There continues to be an average of 15+ senior citizens on our waiting list each month needing our help to stay in their homes. Your support is needed and much appreciated.
Nearly 1 in 5 people in Yellowstone County are over the age of 60
There continues to be a need for Big Sky Services to help seniors stay in their homes. Your support is needed and much appreciated.
There are a number of ways you can make a difference:
Tax deductible donation – mail a check or give online>>.
Charitable Endowment – contribute to our endowment account through Billings Community Foundation. Your donation may be eligible for the 40% Montana income tax credit. A Montana credit is available for 40% of the present value of any planned gift to a permanent endowment up to a maximum of $10,000 per tax payer (individual or business).